Latest Case Studies
In Joint Venture, Hilco Operates Toys R Us Going Out of Business Sales
As the largest, and one of the most talked about, going out of business events of all time, Hilco and its partners were trusted and retained to drive maximum value from the inventory and fixed assets in the stores and distribution centers. Hilco had a keen sense of the business, being the appraiser on record and having conducted multiple sale events for the company through the years, which paid dividends when operating TRUs retail locations and managing the exit from the Distribution Centers.
Problem to Solve
- Toys R Us, an international toy retailer, filed for Chapter 11 protection in the Fall of 2017 after quarters of lackluster results coupled with a significant debt burden.
- The company, its constituents, and its advisors worked to determine if the company would liquidate or rationalized and sold as a going concern.
- Ultimately, the business was shuttered with all Toys R Us and Babies R Us stores in the United States set to close.
- Due Diligence & Valuation of Assets
- Managed Going Out of Business Sale