Hilco Retail Management has the knowledge and experience to manage and operate retail stores of any size and type on an interim basis, either following a merger or acquisition or as part of a restructuring plan. Many of the M&A services offered by Hilco Merchant Resources are available on an outsourced basis to retailers who need to supplement or replace in-house initiatives.
Our team of executives is comprised largely of experienced retailers, many of whom have held executive positions in major retailing operations in the U.S. and Canada.
- Store Management – At a moment’s notice, we can take over any aspect of a store’s management and/or operation, and we have managed every type of platform.
- Sale Event Planning and Execution – We have unsurpassed expertise in the development and implementation of sale events, generating higher returns on inventory while minimizing expenses, tailoring the event to meet your needs.
- Merchandising Management – We are able to direct the merchandising process, from planning and procurement to logistics and in-store display.
- Marketing and Advertising Management – We maintain a fully staffed marketing and advertising group for promotional campaign strategic planning, creative and production, media negotiations and placement, and more.
Strategic Store Openings
Hilco Merchant Resources can provide cost-effective implementation of the complete store opening process, to help you begin selling sooner. We have the resources to handle multiple, simultaneous store openings – regionally, nationally or internationally.
- Orchestration of all store merchandising, including implementation of inventory control systems
- Planning and implementation of asset protection systems
- Conducting store opening and on-going advertising and marketing campaigns
FF&E Value Maximization – We can unlock the maximum value in your unwanted furniture, fixtures, and equipment value.
Brand Protection – We remove and destroy all forms of intellectual property as may be associated with the disposition of FF&E – for example, signs, window treatments, and flooring treatments.
Broom Clean Assurance – We will cap electrical and plumbing service outlets; restore concrete floors and walls; replace glass, doors, and other components; and then thoroughly clean the facility – in full compliance with local ordinances and/or leasehold requirements.
Loss Prevention Services – Hilco Asset Protection can supplement your internal capabilities. Where a company has no loss prevention department, Hilco is ready to step in and provide turnkey services.
Real Estate Disposition and Lease Restructuring – Hilco Real Estate can purchase, sell, or sub-lease fee-owned properties, restructure lease portfolios, mitigate leasehold obligations, or provide sale-leasebacks to help create additional liquidity.
Inventory Appraisals – Hilco Valuation Services offers you experience, validation through asset-disposition capabilities, and an appraiser who is backed by risk capital.
Available Risk Capital – Hilco Merchant Resources has more than $350 million of risk capital available to back a disposition with guarantees and up-front cash payments, and Hilco Merchant Resources can also acquire inventories outright.